- I am the salt and light of the earth. "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden." – Matthew 5:13,14
- I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life. "I am the true vine and my Father is the vinedresser." I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."
- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. "You did not chose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." – John 15:16
- I am a personal witness of Christ. "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." – Acts 1:8
- I am God’s temple. "Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" -1 Corinthians 3:16
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God. "Therfore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us; we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." – 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
I would like to just comment on a word used in the 6th point mentioned above. The word reconcile. I am not an accountant, but I did learn a little bit from one when I was a partner in a small business for about 7 years. One of the things I learned was that the books, the accounts, had to be reconciled from time to time. By state and federal laws, all discrepancies in the books needed to be accounted for. This sometimes took hours to find the mistakes in accounting that caused things to not add up. The goal in reconciling accounts is to find and correct all mistakes so that all things are made equal and perfectly balanced.
This is what God has done for us! We are born unreconciled and indebted to God because we are born with a debt ( we are born into original sin) that needs to be reconciled. By His law, no one with the debt of sin may enter His kingdom and His presence. We are unable to reconcile our own debt because God requires the debt to be paid by one who has no debts. God chose His one and only Son, "who knew no sin" (who had no debts) to pay our debt for us! Our account is paid in full and therefore our account is perfectly balanced on our behalf. We only had to receive the free gift of debt reconciliation and accept the price Jesus paid on our behalf! In Christ, we are, and always will be, debt free! Our account has been reconciled once for all! Hallelujah, a debt immeasurable has been paid for us! From hearts overflowing with the gratitude and joy of being set free from all our debt, we undoubtedly can’t wait to tell everyone how they too can be set free from all debt. This is how and why we become ministers of reconciliation!
Enjoy your free gift of reconciliation and pass on the gift to everyone you meet!