Archive for June, 2010
- I am God’s coworker. "For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building." – 1 Corinthians 3:9
- I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm. "and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus." -Ephesians 2:6
- I am God’s workmanship. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." – Ephesians 2:10
- I may approach God with freedom and confidence. "in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him." – Ephesians 3:12
- "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." – Phillipians 4:13
We would do good to remember these things. Trust me, Satan will test us in hopes that we forget who we are in Christ. When we forget, we are easily defeated. We need to remember to put on the full armor of God, every day for the rest of our lives!
Choosing to Live Victoriously,
Your Brother in Christ,
- I am the salt and light of the earth. "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden." – Matthew 5:13,14
- I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life. "I am the true vine and my Father is the vinedresser." I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."
- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. "You did not chose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you." – John 15:16
- I am a personal witness of Christ. "But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." – Acts 1:8
- I am God’s temple. "Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" -1 Corinthians 3:16
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God. "Therfore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us; we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." – 2 Corinthians 5:17-21
I would like to just comment on a word used in the 6th point mentioned above. The word reconcile. I am not an accountant, but I did learn a little bit from one when I was a partner in a small business for about 7 years. One of the things I learned was that the books, the accounts, had to be reconciled from time to time. By state and federal laws, all discrepancies in the books needed to be accounted for. This sometimes took hours to find the mistakes in accounting that caused things to not add up. The goal in reconciling accounts is to find and correct all mistakes so that all things are made equal and perfectly balanced.
This is what God has done for us! We are born unreconciled and indebted to God because we are born with a debt ( we are born into original sin) that needs to be reconciled. By His law, no one with the debt of sin may enter His kingdom and His presence. We are unable to reconcile our own debt because God requires the debt to be paid by one who has no debts. God chose His one and only Son, "who knew no sin" (who had no debts) to pay our debt for us! Our account is paid in full and therefore our account is perfectly balanced on our behalf. We only had to receive the free gift of debt reconciliation and accept the price Jesus paid on our behalf! In Christ, we are, and always will be, debt free! Our account has been reconciled once for all! Hallelujah, a debt immeasurable has been paid for us! From hearts overflowing with the gratitude and joy of being set free from all our debt, we undoubtedly can’t wait to tell everyone how they too can be set free from all debt. This is how and why we become ministers of reconciliation!
Enjoy your free gift of reconciliation and pass on the gift to everyone you meet!
I have been established, anointed and sealed by God. "Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee." – 2 Corinthians 1:21,22
I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected. "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." – Philippians 1:6
I am a citizen of heaven. "For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ." – Philippians 3:20
I am hidden with Christ in God. "For you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God." – Colossians 3:3
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." -2 Timothy 1:7
I can find grace and mercy in time of need. "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." – Hebrews 4:16
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me. "We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. – 1 John 5:18 NIV
May you rest secure in the grace of The Almighty,
- I am free from condemnation. "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh,but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." – Romans 8:1,2
- I am assured that all things work together for good. "And we know all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." – Romans 8:28
- I am free from any condemning charges against me. "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare us His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is He who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us." – Romans 8:31-34
- I cannot be seperated from the love of God. "Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: ‘For Your sake we are killed all day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.’ (Psalm 44:22) Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." – Romans 8:35-39
I will return this evening to share with you 7 more verses that most assuredly express our security in Christ. Let the peace of Christ envelope you heart, soul, and mind today as you go about this glorious day the Lord has set before you.
See you tonight!
- I AM ACCEPTED:
- I am God’s child. "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name." – John 1:12
- I am Christ’s friend. "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things I have heard from My Father I have made known to you." – John 15:15
- I have been justified. "Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we also have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." -Romans 5:1
- I am a saint. "To the church of God, which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours." – 1 Corinthians 1:2
- I am united with and am one spirit with the Lord. "But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him." – 1 Corinthians 6:17
- I have been bought with a price and now belong to God. "For you were bought at a price; therfore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." – 1 Corinthians 6:20
- I am a member of Christ’s body. "Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually." – 1 Corinthians 12:27
- I have been adopted as God’s child. "having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will," – Ephesians 1:5
- I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit. "For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father." – Ephesians 2:18
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. "in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins." – Colossians 1:14
- I am complete in Christ. "and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." – Colossians 2:10
Please come back tomorrow and Friday for the final two assurances and know that you are not only accepted, but also secure, and significant.
In the Unity of Christ,